How to write a blog? It was the most highly ranked google search during this pandemic. Alas, Surely you are one of them. Then let us get started. We are here to make you write a perfect blog. Blogging is an ideal place to satisfy your inner thoughts to be heard.
Let us help you with a step-by-step guide on how to write a blog post. We will be going through it in detail, but let us make sure it is not boring. We wish you success in your quest, and we will be by your side.
Let us start with
What is a blog post?
Years before a blog post was called an article that was published in any paper medium like newspapers, magazines, pamphlets, etc., as the era changed, we had many opportunities to open our hearts to the world of the internet in different forms, one among is a blog post which can be a part of any website or there will site dedicated for blogs.
A blog post can be content written about anything in this universe. It can be of many types. This doesn’t include videos; video content is known as a vlog. Written content with images, graphs, or tables is a blog post.
Types of Blog Posts
Contents can be of a wide variety; even in a blog post, we have several options to choose from, to write according to our interests. Read about ideas on trending blog posts to get an idea about different type of blogs around.
Types of blog posts are as follows:
- How To -This is more likely to be about a specific topic and its detailed description, which gives a good knowledge about the subject. Blog post on “How to make the best Pizza?” is an example.
- Listicle – An article written about a group of things, people, or places in the form of a list is known as a listicle. An example can be “100 places to visit before you die.”
- News article – It can be anything trendy or relevant at the time that is more information on the event or people’s opinion about the topic in the writer’s view. The relevance of the subject is in current affairs.
- Interview – We have seen interviews. The same will be in written format for the interview blog post. This blog will introduce to a personality their background, work, experience, personal or activity according to the intention of the interview—a word to word conversation written down on a blog post.
- Review – A review post can be the writer’s opinion about anything, and it can be a product, a place, a movie, a person, an event, a book, games, etc. marketing sites use more of this kind of blog posts for their marketing strategies. With the online-business boom these days, review blog posts are very appealing.
- Personal – Personal blog posts are mostly about the author itself or the author writing about someone’s personal life with their permission. This blog is usually seen on a personal site or some social site. Some corporate sites will also have a personal blog post about someone very close to the website, building an emotional bond with the reader/ customer.
- Image-based – as the name suggests, these blogs contain more images than words. This can also be some defining article based on photos. Even though the post has more ideas, comments must also be added to support the images.
Choose the right type of blog you can excel at.
Many writers have many thoughts and ideas to write down, but getting recognition in this field is very important, so to get started as a beginner, you need to excel in what you write. The important aspect of writing is to know what you can register at your best.
Find your blog post writing type, get recognized, and write anything you want to. For some, you can do good in more than one type of writing, find your potential and use it to the best.
Know your audience
As a writer, your intention is always to find readers to read your blog post. For that, we need to decide on whom our audience will be. The type of audience can be determined by the website where it will be published, the topic, and the subject’s intention.
Let us see an example, “How to crack your prelims at the earliest” will be a topic published on an educational site. The audience will be both men and women who are civil service aspirants,
Many still struggle to find readers because they couldn’t find the right audience for the specified topic.
This is no tedious task. Just find your perfect audience for your case. Research on that would help you to get a conclusive answer.
When you decide to write a blog post, you need to find a place to publish it. You can find a website that publishes articles, and you could join such a team or start your website dedicated to publishing your writings. If you can’t find any previous options, we have many free or paid platforms where anybody can post anything without any restrictions.
Anything that is written and never published is of no use. Find your reader, and that’s the only way to grow your skills when you pursue writing to be your career.
An important concern while publishing is that your article should be movable, i.e., it should also be formatted so that anybody can read it on a system or a mobile phone while on the move. We should also be innovative In this fast-moving world.
Find your topic
Now we have decided on what to write and where to write. It’s time to choose your topic. The topic should be relevant enough when you publish it. You need to follow certain criteria to select the subject they are.
- Search for keywords that would support search engine optimization ( SEO)
- Relevance of the topic for the present time and circumstances
- Shares in social media would gain us, readers, so the case should be shareable
- Choose the subject on the count of words or length of the article
Research well on the topic you will be writing. Writing anything irrelevant that doesn’t relate to the topic or outdated data can harm your credibility on this platform. So after your research, start with an outline of the subject, create a rough draft of it, share it with people who could give you feedback, and then move on to the final drafting and polishing of the blog post. You can even work on your headlines while the writing progress. Never hurry on to anything.
How to write a blog post ?
Hook your readers with the best headers
The headlines or header of the article make the reader what to do next. So headers are always the marketing tool while you learn how to write a blog post. All content on the internet is always exposed to the social media world, where it gets decided what to do with the article.
You should always make sure that the header is always shareable; that’s the initial step to increasing the reader.
We can help you with a few steps to master the art of headlines:
- Be the audience: think about the headlines in the audience’s shoes so that we can clearly understand what the readers are looking for. The headline should be very indulging that the audience should never have thought about whether to read or not.
- Keyword for SEO: the headlines should contain the keyword you plan to use. It will help readers to find your topic from the google search.
- Simple and deceiving: the headline should be simple, conveying the full content of the article, and it should also be deceiving that they should not be from this article. Sounds tricky, ha.? No worries, practice makes you better.
- Don’t rush: have an idea about what you are about to write at the start. Don’t rush to make the topic at the beginning; as you write, you will get more ideas on how your headline should be.
Inspirational Introduction Will Give a Kick Start To Move On With Blog
The introduction will make the reader continue with the article, so you should be very careful when you write it. It’s the foundation of the whole article. Create the best first impression from the introduction then you are good to go. We will share with you a few tricks that will help you in this:
- The language should be very attractive
- Quotes are a good choice to start
- Drama and humor always work
- Try formatting like Bold and Italics
The introduction, which has emotions, can easily hook the readers. It should contain both writer’s and readers’ emotions, which will easily connect them to create very important trust.
Start with small sentences or questions that might be in the reader’s thoughts. Answer some of their queries to make it clearer for them than the rest of the article has more answers to their questions or doubts, and the time spent on the article is worth it.
Make sure that you give them the right thing initially but not the complete details. Leave the audience with a little suspense to find as they continue reading the blog post.
Conversational Pattern the Blog Post always Pull The Audience.
Most of the readers are searching for support than search for answers. A companionship with readers will always be a different trust we could gain. So try your writing pattern into something conversational.
Haven’t you felt that when you read something when the writer asks us some questions, we surely will think of it? These questions will make us believe in better ideas and reach conclusions on which we could make good decisions.
Even the search engine would also find our article a source of data rather than a destination for the search result. It will help us get to more readers.
Find more questions the reader might ask when they read a blog post on a particular topic. We have a variety of chives like Google and Quora to get such questions.
You can also add inspirational stories or your own experiences to make it more reliable. None can resist the goodness of a very emotional story that could help them be confident. Stories and experiences always bring out emotions and are easy to remember. This will help to connect with the readers.
Indulge the readers with exquisite images in the design
Why do children enjoy picture books? Because the visuals breathe life into the story.
When you insert photographs in your blog entries, the same thing happens. Images break up the text and provide small pauses for your readers while reading your material. They can also assist readers in visualizing the arguments you’re making in your text in explainer and how-to blog pieces and avoid mistakes by illustrating what their project should look like as they complete it step by step.
Humans are highly visual beings, which is vital to remember while learning to create a blog post that will hold their interest long enough to deliver useful information to your visitors.
More than half of our brains are used to analyze visual information, compared to only 8% for touch and 3% for hearing.
The Adaptive Unconscious, as described by Malcolm Gladwell in his book Blink, is the system that our brains employ to make split-second judgments outside of our conscious consciousness. It’s always scanning our surroundings, assessing inputs, and making snap decisions based on appearances.
Because our brains place such a high value on how things appear, enhancing the aesthetic attractiveness of your blog can help you gain more readers.
Quality and Authenticity Are on The Same Scale
People are more distrustful than ever before in this age of sleazy marketing tactics, fake news, and hired influencers.
Consider this. We’re bombarded with messages, and we’re becoming better at ignoring them as soon as we detect something strange.
Adding genuine honesty to how you decide to create a blog article might help you form a strong bond with your readers.
That makes it more important than ever to learn how to write a blog post that establishes a genuine connection with your readers, rather than relying on gimmicky strategies to keep them on the page long enough to extract advertising cash.
Authenticity may help your blog stand out and will undoubtedly assist your company in three ways:
- It boosts engagement: People are always looking for genuine, genuine relationships. Create natural and heartfelt material, and your audience will gladly give you more of their time and attention.
- It improves your brand’s image: Your ideas and opinions can set you apart from the competitors. People will gain trust in you over time, increasing your influence in their life.
- It strengthens emotional bonds: Honesty is refreshing. Even if it costs you a negative light or exposes your flaws or mistakes, be transparent, and your audience will be drawn to your honesty. It will considerably boost trust.
Motivational conclusion builds confidence.
Motivate your audience.
Demonstrate how far they’ve come, what they’re capable of, and what life will be like if they follow your counsel.
Please give them the pep talk you needed when you were having trouble with the theme of your piece.
Raise your expectations of them to empower them. They can’t just read your message and pretend it didn’t happen; they have to do something about it. Immediately.
Make them realize that their moment has come, no matter what they’ve gone through or how hard they’ve fought.
We are adding additional information or tips to their conclusions on the spur of the moment.
It’s like getting to the final 10 minutes of a gripping film. You’re on the edge of your seat, eager to see how it all ends when a new character appears. What the f*ck is going on?!
Put yourself in the position of your readers when crafting your conclusion. What will their lives be like if they follow the suggestions in your article? What will people think? The more you can focus on your readers’ perspectives, the more likely they will take action.
While the competition for clicks gets tougher every year, and Google’s organic traffic continues to decline, there are still many new ways to reach out and grow your audience this year.
However, just because there’s more competition doesn’t mean you should abandon your blogging dreams.
The standard for what constitutes revolutionary material continues to rise—and as a blogger, it’s up to you to meet it.